Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Project Overview-St. Louis Lesbian History

St. Louis Lesbian History Project

Beginnings

I started this research when I was taking some graduate history coursework at UMSL in hopes I might have enough to write an article. But I found it difficult to find more than a couple individuals to interview so I thought I would just do a blog since this is really just for fun. I will leave it to the professionals some day to pull it all together.

A book called “Boots of Leather, Slippers of Gold” which is a lesbian history of Buffalo NY focusing on the forties and fifties particularly inspired me. Two women worked on the project for over ten years, which gives me some idea of the magnitude of a project like this. I am not so ambitious to think that I will end up with anything like that. But I hope to record what I can.

If you are interested in participating in this project in any way, please contact me via e-mail at
travis40@swbell.net

 
Sharon

No comments: